Functions of the Programming Division
- Determination of the sizes of the Annual Development Programmes (ADP) and sectoral allocations/ proportions.
- Formulation of ADP and revision of ADP.
- Preparation of Annual Technical Assistance Programmes (ATAP) and revision of ATAP.
- Recommend release of ADP funds in relevant cases.
- Oversee ADP implementation/ administration.
- Determination of external assistance requirements for ADP financing.
- Preparation of the list of Aid Worthy Projects before Bangladesh Development Forum Meeting.
- Inter – Ministerial and intra-Planning Commission co-ordination in matters of ADP preparation, revision and appropriation/re-appropriation of funds.
- Provide secretarial service to the programming committee of Planning Commission.
- Keeping records of resource use.
- Preparation and interpretation of the Guidelines for Local Government Development.
- Oversee formulation and implementation of Local Government Development programmes and co-ordination with Finance Division, ERD and Local Government Division in this regard.