The NEC along their respective members and functions are below:
National Economic Council (NEC)
The National Economic Council (NEC) is the highest economic policy-making body of the nation.
- Composition of the Council
- Prime Minister —— Chairperson
- Ministers of the Council of Ministers —— Member
- Supporting Officials
- Cabinet Secretary
- Governor, Bangladesh Bank
- All Members, Planning Commission.
- Secretary, Concerned Ministry/Division
- Functions of the NEC:
- To provide overall guidance at the stage of the formulation of Five Year Plans. Annual Development Programmes and Economic Policies
- To finalize and approve plans, programmes and policies.
- To review progress of implementation of development programme.
- To take such others decisions and actions as may be considered necessary for socio- economic development; and
- To appoint such committees as deemed fit to assist the NEC in the due discharge of its responsibilities.
■ Meeting of NEC will be held every month and can be held earlier if required.
■ Planning Division will provide secretarial service to the NEC.