Welcome to Planning Commission
The Bangladesh Planning Commission is the central planning organization of the country. It determines objectives, goals and strategies of medium and short-term plans within the framework of long-term perspective and formulates policy measures for the achievement of planned goals and targets. Its activities includes the following elements of development planning:
- Policy Planning: determination of goals, objectives, priorities, strategies and policy measures for development plans;
- Sectoral Planning: identification of the role that the various sectors of the economy are required to play in the context of the Plan objectives and goals;
- Programme Planning: formulation of detailed resource allocation to realize the Plan objectives and goals;
- Project Planning: appraisal of projects embodying investment decisions for the implementation of the sectoral plans; and
- Evaluation: impact analysis of projects, programmes and Plans on the people’s living standard.